Author Topic: Excess veggies...  (Read 3866 times)

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
Re: Excess veggies...
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 21:53:11 »
I used to stuff courgette/ marrows through next doors cat flap on the back door.
Then they put up a gate!!!! ;D ;D ;D

ah yes.... courgette surprise :D

Poolcue

• Half Acre
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 22:40:20 »
My wife gives the tomatoes away to people at work and the local community support officier.I think 40 odd plants for two people was a bit excessive though. ;D

triffid

• Hectare
  • Escaped... usually to my plot in NW London :)
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 20:35:36 »
Our excess veggie problem happened unexpectedly a couple of weeks ago... Our freezer gave up the ghost. Suddenly we had pounds and pounds of thawing soft fruit, various green beans, tomato sauces etc to deal with.  Auuggh!  :(   
So we now have extra raspberry and blackcurrant jam batches (which will go down a treat at our church's summer fair if the family doesn't wolf the lot before then) and have had lots of friends round for big shambolic veggie-based suppers.  :)  Well, at least the jam-pan was still lurking in the kitchen from my marathon marmalade-making sessions.  :D

Now we just need to save our pennies for a replacement freezer before the harvest season starts.  ::)

gp.girl

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 21:57:17 »
Runner/french bean rehoming at work(s) + inlaws....just about keeps up on a bad year!
September is village fair time  :) even mammoth marrows make meals  :D
A space? I need more plants......more plants? I need some space!!!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal