Author Topic: Seeds etc....  (Read 3231 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Seeds etc....
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2010, 12:46:30 »
Impressive range.  Some interesting things to try.  Good price especially with p&p only 59p.  And good number of seeds per packet.  Will give them a try.

Just spent my Sept veg money on plants for the front garden so veg for next year will have to wait its turn.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2010, 14:21:08 »
THe years seed buying starts at Wyevales.... tend to try to get htere the first day 9when they're still all on racks rather than in buckets cos I'm a bit of a fox in a henhouse otherwise.... I've used several on ebay multiple times... Premier Seed Direct, Midland Seed COmpany, Just Seeds, Real Seeds, never had anythign other than good service. Alan Romans for spuds ... sevberal of us at work get together and order in  to save on postage... plus it means we can split a small bag if we fancy experiments,.... top up for oddballs at local GC that does big range loose around the end of January.... seed swaps are always useful too....  Thsii year I'll be doinga  big squash one and joining in the bean and pea one and at least one tomato one..... I'm now at the point of hunting specific varieties (or odd things), but my personal stocks of bean varieties come from these swaps so I want to keep the circle turning... I may have little use for Marvel of Venice, but other people might love it.....

chrisc

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2010, 15:19:28 »
After the recomendations on here I just bought three different squash seed packets from PSD for £3.65 inc P+P, first time I've bought off of E bay.      ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

beanie3

• Half Acre
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2010, 15:47:51 »
omg - i am so pleased i asked.  Now need a week to research everything!

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 18:17:29 »
Has anyone bought garlic on ebay?

Greenqueen

• Not So New ...
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2010, 21:34:57 »
Yes I bought a load of single cloves off ebay, but only just so cant tell you if they are any good.

Greenqueen.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal