Author Topic: Polytunnel advice  (Read 2022 times)

mike77

• Half Acre
Polytunnel advice
« on: May 27, 2010, 13:08:31 »
Hi all have finally got my polytunnel up and compost in just got to make some doors for it and then I'm ready to plant it up but would appreciate your thoughts on a couple of things!
Firstly I'm unsure wether to cover the doors with polythene or debris netting or something similar?
Secondly I will be planting capsicums (hot bell and sweet) cucumbers-toms-tomatilloes-physalis is there anything else that would benefit from being in a tunnel that isn't too late to get started? Wish I had put some melons in with hindsight ::)
also any other thoughts ideas etc any pitfalls?

Mike

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
Re: Polytunnel advice
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 14:35:10 »
If you make your doors with polythene you can always leave them open and just drop netting down the door to keep thing out this way you will get some ventilation in the summer and retain some heat when its colder
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Re: Polytunnel advice
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 15:12:53 »
Why not double line your doors i.e. polythene on the  out side and netting on the inside.

Fix the polythene so that it either rolls up like a blind or is fitted to a removable clip on frame and this can be used when the weather is inclement/cold and the netting will allow some ventilation to take place.

Just a thought  ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal