Author Topic: Bon Bon Squash + Trellis?  (Read 2105 times)

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
Bon Bon Squash + Trellis?
« on: May 11, 2010, 18:21:59 »
are Bon bon squashes too heavy to grow on an arch? or rather as for runner beans with added plastic netting?

I'm already going to do Butternut, Sweet Dumpling, Little Gem and Red Kuri, and I just thought it would be nice and tidy if I had the Bon bons up there too

catalogue says up to 2kg

Cheers

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Bon Bon Squash + Trellis?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 19:08:36 »
They will be ok. be prepared to give htem support if needed. sling made from old nylon stocking XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 19:11:37 »
thanks Jeannine

where am I going to get old stockings from? next doors washing line?  :o

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 19:16:25 »
Well, if you really don't know any ladies,if you buy a pair they are easy enough to get old, lend them to a cat ... OK OK if don't have a cat.. you will have to  wear them for a week. At about .99 for 2 no name pairs you will have enough to hang a row full of Bob Bons!!

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 19:24:17 »
so you want me to go in a shop and buy meself some tights.

and I suppose I could say in the shop i 'm only buying them because i'm a bit worried me bonbons might get too big and fall off  ;D

Digindep

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 19:38:28 »
Or you could buy a Bra........then mention your Bonbons.. ;)

On a serious note any old pea netting would assist your Bonbons..............
Born with nothing
 'Aint spent it yet

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 19:46:22 »
Tell them you are a skier, they wear them, or you could say you are going  to rob  a bank, shade is important then though, I would suggest taupe. Used ones are always for sale on e bay.If you still can't pluck up the courage I will send you some but I hope you are also  growing Atlantic Giant to make best use of them  XX Jeannine

keepondiggin

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 23:43:07 »
I'm sure you can just slip a pack of el cheapo tights in with your weekly shop at the supermarket ( you could even go through the self scanning checkout then nobody would know!)

I wouldn't recommend 'used' ones from Ebay though- you never know who's been wearing them lol! and they might not be freshly laundered  ::)

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 00:30:44 »
I had a couple fo fruits set on the boundary fence of my allotment last year on a Bon-Bon.... it grew lots of tendrils there to cling onto the chicken wire.... no tendrils near the ground sitting fruit on th esame plant through.....

chrisc

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 08:13:07 »
right,  thanks

i'll go for it. In fact, i'll sow some more

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal