General > The Shed

Central locking problems any ideas

(1/8) > >>

halfofmanic:
Halooo   off out this morning for a quick trip to the chemist  unlocked the doors with the remote key fob     opened the door as usual     only it didn't open    bit of a shock  all the other doors & the boot opened fine 

I tried locking and unlocking the car several times with the fob again    no go    tried the key next   no go            now a long time ago i used to watch  a program a few of you may remember  "The Dukes of Hazard" spelling ?     Now they used to jump through the car window.... I discounted this idea as soon as it came to me   

So into the passenger seat  and after a lot of grunting   pulling on my legs  to clear the dash board    and getting abused by the hand brake   I arrived at my seat

tried the door from inside no go    so  off to the chemist    Now to cut the story down a little    out of car....in car....out of car   at home   more handbrake abuse

Hate that handbrake     I can now fold my legs up in a foetal  position   

So end of the fun and back to the prob      rang dealership since  the car is two weeks old     they said may be quicker to get the R A C   out    they may fix it rather than wait for the car to be booked in      so I said to the other half of manic  i would give it one more go

Yes      the Bu**er  opened     every time     NOW    when I  got in the car  the first time it was only showing - 2   and all the doors and boot opened     our previous  car with C.L      opened at minus 7   although saying that  i nearly pulled the rubber off the door    by pulling it too hard   

If you have had the stamina    and   patience  to get to the end of this pot  have u any ideas

I apologise for not having photos    of the event    but the better half    was a bit busy   laughing   and couldn't get to the camera in time      :o ::) :o last face how i looked when attacked by the handbrake     

grawrc:
Can only think it was frozen? Sometimes I get one door freezing and the others OK. Don't know if it's the way the car is facing or the phases of the moon.... ???

I can empathise with the pain though. Parked at Tesco. Came back to find a mega van parked about 3 inches away from my driver's door so climbed through ... slowly and painfully... from the passenger seat!

halfofmanic:

--- Quote from: grawrc on February 17, 2010, 19:58:53 ---Can only think it was frozen? Sometimes I get one door freezing and the others OK. Don't know if it's the way the car is facing or the phases of the moon.... ???

I can empathise with the pain though. Parked at Tesco. Came back to find a mega van parked about 3 inches away from my driver's door so climbed through ... slowly and painfully... from the passenger seat!

--- End quote ---

I think you have to experience it to appreciate it   Bum on seat legs up on the roof    more fun when we were courting  ;D ;D :o 

grawrc:
I think we were probably a bit  more  flexible then!

james1:
Am sorry i no i shouldnt but i havent laughed like this in ages.
dont you just luv it... ;D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version