Author Topic: Blueberry gin  (Read 3869 times)

Ishard

• Hectare
Blueberry gin
« on: November 30, 2009, 08:27:23 »
Last night I thought I would 'taste' the blueberry gin I made, BAD MISTAKE NUMBER 1

I poured some into a stella glass (big glass) BIG MISTAKE NUMBER 2  added ice and tasted it, very, very nice but a little too sweet for my mood. I had and idea and looked around for some lemonade or tonic water but I hadnt got any soooooo  I decided to 'water' the sweetness down with some dry red wine I had made BAD MISTAKE NUMBER 3. It tasted really nice, rather like port.

LAST MISTAKE AND THE WORST I drank 2 glasses full!!!!!  ;)

Oh my head!!! :P ::) :-\ :-[

gwynleg

• Hectare
Re: Blueberry gin
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 22:32:27 »
How are you now?! I am planning on doing the same with cherry vodka tomorrow - hangover on saturday.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 01:45:11 »
Try blueberry bourbon.... two things I don't like much that I chucked together to produce something wonderful.... fruit and sugar combine to take the harsh edge off the bourbon to let the smoky character come through without the usual gasping on the floor....

chrisc

vjm63

• Quarter Acre
    • Living in Estia
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 18:15:19 »
Just seen this (being slow again). It reminds me of our current home brew.

Red/white currant from 2008 - very sweet, too much so for my liking. Grape and apple juice 2009 - quite a dry red. Together - very pleasant to sip, and downright vicious a few seconds later when the alcohol kicks you! Somehow you always take yet another sip, though... but I have learned one glass a night is enough for me...  ::)

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 12:32:02 »
I have made some blueberry gin. I had some last night mixed in with cava and my head is killing this morning!  ::)

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 20:15:43 »
Wow

LOng live the!!!!!!!!!!!! pishartists !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you feel hung over   water. Fizzy water is best.....Loads

Then a cuppa tea

Followed by a greasy breakfast

ENJOY LIFE

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal