Author Topic: new allotment with weeds!!!!!!!!  (Read 4241 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Re: new allotment with weeds!!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2008, 22:12:57 »
How strange, a newbie who asks, nae shouts a question, the ultimate question asked by everyone who's ever been confronted with an allotment for the first time.

And then another newbie who, coincidentally? registerd within 15 minutes of the other, offers "Informative advise".

Informative advise my arse, Calculated con desinged to offload illegal stock they've been landed with.

Too many coincidences for them not to be either from the same company or one and the same person.

Which is why I alerted Dan to this thread about 17.00

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2008, 15:42:10 »
How strange, a newbie who asks, nae shouts a question, the ultimate question asked by everyone who's ever been confronted with an allotment for the first time.

And then another newbie who, coincidentally? registerd within 15 minutes of the other, offers "Informative advise".

Informative advise my arse, Calculated con desinged to offload illegal stock they've been landed with.

Too many coincidences for them not to be either from the same company or one and the same person.
??? ???
if you're not the same person, welcome to the site  ;D
I can understand about the stock but don't see how they are the same person ?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 15:44:56 by manicscousers »

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2008, 17:43:09 »

if you're not the same person, welcome to the site  ;D
I can understand about the stock but don't see how they are the same person ?

Manics I don't understand the technicalities either but I'm assured that it is possible for one person to have more than one log in on this site.  Whether they are the same person or not I don't know but I do think it's odd that the original poster hasn't responded to any of the replies apart from the first one from Taylors Choice.  In addition, Taylors Choice has been rather quiet since I started asking questions and others came in with concerns about the product.

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008, 18:46:14 »
okay, georgie, just don't want to upset someone  :)
woodybrown was on this afternoon
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 18:47:46 by manicscousers »

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2008, 18:59:37 »
Definitely dodgy, I also reported to Dan but I think you got in first Georgie, I didn't think it was the same person at first but only two early posts and nothing since it makes you wonder.  ???     ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2008, 19:49:13 »
okay, georgie, just don't want to upset someone  :)

I know Manics and neither do I.  At the same time I don't want the good folk on here taken advantage of by the odd trickster.  I was perfectly polite to Taylors Choice (I hope) but I thought Dan should be aware of the thread.

...I also reported to Dan but I think you got in first Georgie, I didn't think it was the same person at first but only two early posts and nothing since it makes you wonder.  ???     ;D ;D ;D

I didn't realise it was a race, Kev.   ;D

G x

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2008, 19:49:48 »
 ::)

Sales of chemicals must be at rock bottom to have to go to such trouble?

Weeds? Dig them out. There that's it, simple but honest!

;)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2008, 16:28:18 »
If you've only got one year's growth of weeds, you're not doing badly. Some folk have had to cope with ten years' growth! Dig what you can between now and next spring. Cover the rest with black olastic, enjoy what you've dug, and deal with the rest as you have time. I'm not sure quite what's been going on here, as I've been offline, and one post has been edited out of existence. But ignore whatever you've been told about weedkiller. It doesn't work this time of year, as someone said already, so the advice was a definite con. You won't need it anyway if the plot was looked after before, as there hasn't been time for the nasties to get properly established yet.

Old Neddy

• Not So New ...
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2008, 16:36:46 »
Open the ground up and hope for a hard winter, that will be yer best friend

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal