Author Topic: The weather TODAY in...  (Read 638480 times)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: The weather TODAY in...
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 12:30:52 »
Has been a great day here in March (Cambs) Fingers crossed for it to continue

thanks lorna I was wondering how things were at home, the sun is shining here and its a great day but i suspect that the weather in denmark will get worse later in the week with luck i can miss the weather in both countrys when i travel back.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 13:26:21 »
OOPS Cambourne, not so good now!! Now raining again and the wind is whistling round the bungalow. Methinks I will stay indoors :)

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 14:50:38 »
South Essex.

Very nasty strong gusty waether first thing this morning, then the sunshine came out so I went and checked the lottie.....and now it is dull and raining again and the wind is getting up again.

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 14:58:49 »
Turned nasty down here in Wales now.  My dogs are very restless and pacing which is generally not a good sign.  And they're going to be worse later because I'm not risking walking them today.  Don't fancy a tree branch on my head!  :o
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

aromatic

• Half Acre
  • Lavender flowers yield abundant nectar
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 10:27:49 »
 :-\ Oh my goodness, taking a real battering here in Warwickshire... started in earnest in the early hours and just seems to have gotten worse!! Madly going around picking things up that are strewn all over the garden..... I can see a few trees that have finally collapsed across the fields... well the diseased ones that have been threatening to fall at any time....  Will be glad when the wind ceases as its starting to grate on the nerves now... Thankfully greenhouse still surviving!!

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.  ~Author Unknown

Love aromatic xxx

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 10:33:06 »
Well it's very sunny here but the wind is very strong. Not liking these conditions at all. I prefer sun and a slight breeze  ::)
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 11:26:53 »
West Essex - VERY windy!!  No rain yet but it's forecast for later.  I work in a unit situated on farm land and every strong gust makes the whole thing sound as if I'm going to disappear wizard of oz style!

springbok

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008, 11:36:01 »
Taking a bashing here in Dunstable too, few trees blown over across the roads.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008, 11:42:55 »
Belgium;

Went to do a jobo on my bike this morning. Stood on the peddles and just stood still....the wind was sooo strong!
 Coming back was a doddle tho!

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 11:46:11 »
Very windy again in South Essex, especially form 4 a.m - so not much sleep again! Visited the lottie this morning - too blustery to stay, but only one shed over on the whole site so far, but lots of compost bin lids flying around!

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2008, 12:00:42 »
Heavy rain last night and very gusty. Today the sun keeps popping in and out with ferocious gusts. But the fence is still up.....just!

Greenhouse is still ok too, it doesn't have much choice, there's more rope on it than I care to divulge ;D ;D ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 13:58:32 »
OOPS Cambourne, not so good now!! Now raining again and the wind is whistling round the bungalow. Methinks I will stay indoors :)

Apparantly east anglias going to get it tonight so fingers crossed. My flight back is tomorrow afternoon so i am hoping to miss some of the weather.

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2008, 14:21:08 »
Here in March the wind is furiously blowing, at least it's not raining, but it's also bitter cold

I agree with Lorna, It's a day for staying inside - maybe I'll plan this year's garden

Kathi
Kathi :-)

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2008, 16:00:07 »
Dry & bright in Cheshire but blowy.  Dare I say, not as bad as was predicted here & not as bad as it was two weeks ago.

I took a risk & hung out a washing with extra pegs.  If it doesn't dry today there's something very wrong!
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2008, 16:43:18 »
Prink I had to go to the vets to get prescription and I am not kidding it was a job to stand up straight. Sun is still shining. Last week I got Lorna's gardener to concrete the fence posts in, the whole fence is now leaning towards Lorna's!! Hope it doesn't go right down and damage her shrubs. If the fence does go I will cut the panels down to 3ft and if it is too badly damaged it can be burnt. I still have a chain link fence (dogs won't be able to get out) We only had the panels put up when our elderly lovely neighbour died and we didn't know who was moving in.  At least I get on with the next door neighbours ;D

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2008, 17:44:43 »
Lorna, you're right, even I nearly got blown away in town - the wind was so strong, actually made it difficult to catch my breath on the walk home!

Kathi
Kathi :-)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2008, 18:00:08 »
Well, Cheltenham Races were off!

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2008, 18:06:44 »
bad here (saddleworth) but not as bad as the other night and we also had a mini tornado, went very dark, lashes of rain and severe gusts of wind - lasted all of 30 secs, weird

still haven't dared to go look at the greenhouse  :(

aromatic

• Half Acre
  • Lavender flowers yield abundant nectar
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2008, 20:48:46 »
 :-\ Well what a day its has been here in Warwickshire... very rough winds all day long, debris everywhere, and many trees sadly blown down. Particularly sad about one tree that has blown down that I have been able to have the privilege of watching grow and mature over the past twenty eight years......
Have fought to get washing on and off the line during the day,but at least I do now have a pile of dry washing which is a big help!
Took the dog for an hours walk this afternoon he his a border collie so has a great deal of energy to burn off and I have some weight to burn off!! so the walk is great for both of us... although hard to walk at times due to the wind and sometimes hard to get ones breath...... Think I have heard somewhere that the wind will be dropping to a much calmer level soon... hooray!!!!
Greenhouse thankfully still standing.........
Hope everyone else is ok!!!

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.  ~Author Unknown

Love aromatic xxx

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2008, 08:48:49 »
Weather was worse yesterday than they'd forecast for the earlier part of the week!  Not a wink of sleep the night before.  Few tubs over and the fence is looking very sorry for itself.  Up the lottie, the shed roof is gaping on the corners but I think it's holding and next door lottie did have a dilapidated greenhouse which is now totally collapsed.  Worst damage has been by everyone elses bits and pieces landing on the plot.  Got off lightly though by the sounds of things.
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal