Author Topic: Where exactly is your allotment? - Region - The North of England  (Read 68541 times)

detailista

• Half Acre
Re: Where exactly is your allotment? - Region - The North of England
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2010, 22:59:56 »
Whoopeee, have moved from Benwell Newcastle to Throckley Newcastle....bring on the diggers and the picnic :)

greenhousegirl

• Quarter Acre
  • West Yorkshire
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2010, 09:51:05 »
Why? Is Throckley a better site than Benwell
Live life to the full, this is not a rehearsal

kikie

• Not So New ...
« Reply #122 on: April 25, 2010, 16:06:01 »
Whoopeee, have moved from Benwell Newcastle to Throckley Newcastle....bring on the diggers and the picnic :)

Hi Detailista, Which site was it that you had a plot on in Benwell? We've just moved from the West Benwell allotment to Denton Dene, had our shed broken into 4 times in 3 months so we were desperate to get out. Spent ages getting the 7 foot weeds downs too so we weren't impressed!! Its rather exciting moving to our new plot though  ;D Good luck in yours

Toriel

• My Plot
    • New Springs Allotments
« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2010, 21:14:33 »
Hi, I am on New Springs Allotments in Wigan (www.newspringsallotments.co.uk)  :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2010, 21:56:27 »
Hi, Toriel, welcome to the site, we're in golborne  ;D

redcoat

• Quarter Acre
  • Newcastle upon Tyne
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2010, 23:15:11 »
Hi, I'm high on the waiting list for Moorside allotments, Fenham, Newcastle.  Within a wheelbarrow walk for me.

detailista

• Half Acre
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2010, 12:51:22 »
Why? Is Throckley a better site than Benwell

Yes, the Benwell site was very run down- lots of empty plots and surrounded by a housing estate - used as a thoroughfare. Lots of breakins, animals injured deliberately and mindless vandalism. 

Throckley is a dream - overlooks the river, and sheep on a hill opposite and seems fairly secure though like any site there have been a few breaks ins with things pinched but not the wanton vandalism. 

detailista

• Half Acre
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2010, 12:59:21 »

Hi Detailista, Which site was it that you had a plot on in Benwell? We've just moved from the West Benwell allotment to Denton Dene, had our shed broken into 4 times in 3 months so we were desperate to get out. Spent ages getting the 7 foot weeds downs too so we weren't impressed!! Its rather exciting moving to our new plot though  ;D Good luck in yours

Hi Kikie - we met!  We were just down from you on the middle path.  We met at the meetings and we compared Lidl fold up wheelbarrows in the car park!

So sorry to hear Benwell didn't work out for you either. You seemed to be doing so welll and working so hard on it - your progress was an inspiration.

Did you hear Benwell didn't get the lottery bid  :( 

Good luck with your new plot - hope you'll post photos! How are you finding it so far?

My dream site would be Moorside - seems like they have an amazing community there, did you know their allotment shop is open to the public on sat mornings 10-12 I think with very cheap prices!

redcoat

• Quarter Acre
  • Newcastle upon Tyne
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2010, 18:54:08 »
My dream site would be Moorside - seems like they have an amazing community there, did you know their allotment shop is open to the public on sat mornings 10-12 I think with very cheap prices!

Open on Sun 10-12 too.....  always lovely there.  I can't wait for my plot........

javahart

• Quarter Acre
    • My veg blog
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2010, 09:39:43 »
I'm on Bowdon Allotments (Parkside)
We are situated in South Manchester near Altrincham.

Halfalot

• Not So New ...
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2010, 14:36:49 »
Hi
I'm in North Halifax in the South Pennine foothills!!

slyfox-mal

• Acre
    • my diary
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2010, 19:55:26 »
my plots are at beachwood allotments  middlesbrough
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

hyacinth_1

• Not So New ...
« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2010, 21:34:01 »
my lottie site is in the North East and it is near The Newcastle General Hospital.  Everyone should know the hospital on Westgate Road.   ;D

redcoat

• Quarter Acre
  • Newcastle upon Tyne
« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2010, 22:06:40 »
my lottie site is in the North East and it is near The Newcastle General Hospital.  Everyone should know the hospital on Westgate Road.   ;D

Soon to be known as Tesco  :(

Are you on the Nunsmoor site?

coulson73

« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2010, 12:19:32 »
I'm on Woodhouse Park allotments in South Manchester.

Currently working on a website for it as well

admjh1

• Half Acre
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2010, 06:45:09 »
Morning all my plot is in tyldesley Manchester been there 18 months now almost sorted! Anyone else near me?

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2010, 16:28:11 »
Hi, admjh, we're in Wigan, not a million miles away  ;D

admjh1

• Half Acre
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2010, 22:53:45 »
Hi manicscousers how long have you had your plot? I see lots of postings from you, and you seem very knowledgable.I've had my plot 18 months and where work was my life( still do that 5 days a week) I spend every spare min I have on the plot apart from free brill veg I never thought I would find myself so happy mucking about on a plot it's just so Full filling ;D ;D

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2010, 23:25:51 »
hi ad,we are not too far from you in sunny (at he moment) liverpool,glad o hear how much you are loving your plot!  ;D  ;D  ;D
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2010, 16:34:15 »
Hi manicscousers how long have you had your plot? I see lots of postings from you, and you seem very knowledgable.I've had my plot 18 months and where work was my life( still do that 5 days a week) I spend every spare min I have on the plot apart from free brill veg I never thought I would find myself so happy mucking about on a plot it's just so Full filling ;D ;D
been on this plot for 16 ish years now, different parts but that's another story  ;D
I still am amazed, every year, when a very small seed turns into a huge carrot or a plant that produces 6 lovely squash..I get very excited when the manure turns up  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal