Author Topic: Allotments in Derbyshire  (Read 11621 times)

Palefire

• Half Acre
  • "Are we green?"    5th Element
Allotments in Derbyshire
« on: October 04, 2003, 16:44:50 »
Few and far between where I live - we're almost in the country, so perhaps we are all supposed to have huge gardens?!

So, I wonder if anyone knows who I contact in order to find out if there are any allotments coming up for grabs on the site in Whitfield, Glossop, near the Duke of Norfolk School? I will try the town hall, but at the risk of offending anyone who works there, everyone behind the desk will probably have to be consulted before I'm passed on to a phone number where the person who answers hasn't got anything to do with my enqiry!!

Anyone know?

Love, Palefire

xxx
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »
"You are going down a path that I cannot follow"

Ceri

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Allotments in Derbyshire
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 18:02:03 »
Town Hall receptions/switchboards must the the same the all over the country - I recognise that syndrome.  Our Council has an allotment officer - I don't know if they are all supposed to.  Does your council have a website with a contact list - that way, you can pass yourself around all the wrong people all by yourself!  I would have thought our officer would have come within parks/environment, but I think he's actually part of education/leisure (odd combination you would have thought!  Ain't local politics great - you could always give your local councillor some work to do!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 14:50:16 »
Earlier this year I was told that someone had been on our allotment site marking out the site of old mine workings-as secretary I contacted the council to find out what was going on.
The switchboad receptionist knew exactly what was happening and put me in touch with the person doing the survey. I have to say I was very impressed with this. (Chesterfield Borough) . However I do get people phoning me up asking to go on the waiting list for a completly different allotment site because the council has given them my number!

Rickthedig

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 17:40:26 »
Hi All
My name is Rick and I'm (another) refugee from 'AllotmentsUK' - a fine site that seems to have been sunk by spam! I have 3 small plots on a parish council controlled site in a village in South Derbyshire. Although I got my first lottie more than 10 years ago I still consider myself as an amateur with loads to learn. I'll look forward to participating in the forum.

Thanks

Rick

small

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 18:23:32 »
Welcome, Rick, I can see my garden on your bit of map.....just across the river....are you part frozen, part soggy, like me?

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 18:57:46 »
Hi Rick..I'm just other side of the border..in Notts..Wellcome to A4all..I think you find we are not short of 'rattle' on this site...gardening related or non..
So keep posts coming..there is always some 'clever' one who is able to dig the info out if we are not able to come with 'goods' otherwise ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal