Author Topic: Calling all Enfield, Barnet and surrounding area Allotmenteers  (Read 30932 times)

Mrs Tweedy

• Quarter Acre
Re: Calling all Enfield, Barnet and surrounding area Allotmenteers
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2013, 22:49:46 »
There is one on King's Road, which is very well ordered, one off the Chingford Mount Road which is very nice indeed, with a community hall and loos and proper security fencing and then there is ours at Drysdale. Really great people but several overgrown and unused plots. Although there is some action being taked to clear the worst plots and relet them by the new allotment officer.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2013, 17:49:46 »
I only know the chingford mount area but can't remember any lotties there, are there any near the rugby club.   :coffee2:
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Mrs Tweedy

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2013, 19:20:45 »
Don't think there are any by the Rugby club. Ours is rather well hidden, in the middle of a square of houses.
not that we have been able to do much recently with the waterlogging and this miserable wet weather.

I can see my seedlings growing and thinking that I will have another log jam like last year. :BangHead:

Still we all battle on.

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2013, 05:44:38 »
We have just had our toilets painted a new toilet and wash basin put in, compost getting a bit low spose we'll have another lot soon, don't tell Borlotti though.     :blob7:

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2013, 09:57:23 »
IT'S NOT FAIR, GREAT BIG SULK.  But we do get horse manure, (straw mainly), leaves, wood chip and very occasionally COMPOST.  Hopefully now the Council has put us back on the list should get it more regularly, but one has to be quick to get any.  Our toilets were replaced last year (so there), but we are going to lose some allotments for the new school and a lovely car park (but it wont affect me).  Love you really Kev, although you do get on my wick.  :BangHead: :BangHead:

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2013, 17:09:22 »
I get on everybodys wick so your not alone.   :wave:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal