Author Topic: Allotments - paying for themselves?  (Read 4667 times)

chuffa

• Not So New ...
Re: Allotments - paying for themselves?
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2007, 07:07:10 »
Hi guys, i think it all comes down to passion for growing your own.  Someone may be able to get all the items that they need, shed/tool/seeds/fertilizer etc at good prices and maybe free.  Someone else may have to pay a fortune.  The end factor is sinking your teeth into something that you have grown from a tiny seed,  it taste 100 times better than from the shops,  you know where and how its grown,  your also rewarded by the banter at the plot, even if sometimes it sounds B_____ks
Its also a place that you can fall back on when  you need to meditate things over.
A world with passion.  Priceless.  CHUFFA
GOOD DIGGIN

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: Allotments - paying for themselves?
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2007, 17:54:51 »
Most of my tools come from my Dad and Grandads, if you buy seeds in the sale you will never pay full price because most have 2 or 3 years best before dates.  I think our lotties are about £60 but not sure exactly because my first year was 1/3 into the year and you have to pay a refundable deposit on the plot and again with the keys, but they didn't charge me last year or this year yet, but I informed the bloke on the plot who allegedly runs the place and he just says the council are useless, but if they chase me and want 3 years money next year they can spin, so I may need Dan to move wipe this off the forum at some stage  ;D ;D ;D. ;D ;D :-X
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal