Author Topic: Calling all lurkers  (Read 4650 times)

Teej

• Quarter Acre
Re: Calling all lurkers
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2007, 09:48:11 »
Just noticed this thread - I'm still a lurker really although I do make the odd post too.  I've just checked when I joined & it was June 2005 so I've obviously been reading since then!

I don't have a lottie :( but approx half the planting area in our garden is my "veg patch" & I've also just been given a 6x8 greenhouse - my existing one was 6x4 so I can't wait to get going on this new one!

Since we got our garden reasonably sorted I've been growing my veggies - normally chillies, peppers, courgettes, toms, cukes, salad, radish, french beans & a few "guest stars" - mini sweetcorn the first year which was fantastic but took up far too much room really.  This year I've given up the toms as they were shocking last year & I'm trying potatoes, baby cauli, melons, aubergines & mini cucumbers for the first time.

I'd LOVE a real lottie but will have to wait until I have more time to look after it - i.e. when we can afford for me to work part-time!

So far I've found this to be a great site - full of really helpful people always willing to give you the benefit of their experience (I sat at home the other night & made 20 newspaper pots the other night after finding info on here).  I've also done a couple of seed swaps & given some other seeds away - and now I've got a bigger greenhouse I'll definitely have the biggest Tigger Melon!
 ;D

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
Re: Calling all lurkers
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2007, 10:31:27 »
Welcome to all who have joined recently from me too.  I remember I lurked for ages before taking the plunge & now I am a total addict.  [When the site went down yesterday I wondered what on earth I would do if it dissappeared for ever].  I have looked at other boards but they are nothing like this; helpful, supportive and fun.  I just love the way everyone is always so nice to each other, in this world of ours niceness [and generosity] sometimes seems in short supply  - though like all the best families we do have the occasional dust-up!
PS I wonder if some of the guests are members logging in from other computers if you see what I mean.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal