Author Topic: How exciting is growing seedlings !!  (Read 4871 times)

Maidenheadtaff

• Half Acre
Re: How exciting is growing seedlings !!
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2007, 17:00:39 »
I'm new to this gardening lark and can't wait to get home to check on my seeds today.I used to think prince charles was a bit nutty talking to his plants but it seems to be quite natural.my wife thinks its a bit weird though.
i'm on a waiting list for my allotment ,been waiting a year now and have very itchy feet. problem with living in a town they are quite scarce.i watched the allotment show on sky at my borther's house on sunday and the boy from wales was saying that there were loads available in rhondda valley where his is but waiting lists up in highgate.
suppose i'll just have to be patient

:)

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2007, 19:52:48 »
Its brilliant - I love it!

Popped to the allotment this evening and overnight my turnips are showing. All my seeds are germinating really well this year.....so far !

goldendaisy123

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2007, 20:00:17 »
I too visited the lottie this evening and my first potatoes and spinach were up. (First year at my lottie) ;D
I was so excited I phoned my husband at work - interrupted a meeting to tell him my news - he was not best pleased! Sometimes partners just don't understand! :D

Jenfur

• Quarter Acre
  • Eaton Bray, Beds
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2007, 22:18:05 »
I can't believe I've got to 23 years old and this is the first time i've planted anything (apart from cress)!! I'm checking my seedlings every morning noon and night, I can't believe how much they have grown especially beans, cucumbers and sweetcorn  :o I was kinda expecting nothing to grow, this is so fantastic!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal