Author Topic: clearing plot  (Read 1884 times)

gingerninja38

• Quarter Acre
clearing plot
« on: September 12, 2006, 21:29:20 »
i am in the middle of clearing my new plot, and i have a question.
the plot next door has a large ivy plant growing up their fence and it has come over my side of the fence and started to take over would it be ok to cut it back without asking my neighbour as it is on my side of the fence or should i ask first?
btw i have never even seen my neighbour and i have has the plot six weeks.

thanks

baggieboy

• Half Acre
Re: clearing plot
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 21:37:41 »
I personally would inquire as to who the plot holder is , and I would cut down anything on my side. But if the man is sick or can't get down there maybe he would be glad for someone to cut it down.

On our plot i have a crossed fence so you can see through it, but was told it was to high. So i have said i will replace it when the person who owns the plot next to me takes some time to tidy it up , as i don't want to see his rubbish and way overgrown weeds. When i explained this I was told 'Fair Enough'

It makes me mad that people are crying out for plots and you get people who have one and don't give a poop  >:(

gingerninja38

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 21:48:38 »
their plot is very well tended, i think the ivy is there to create a screen for privacy as it is quite open, my plot however is full of weeds and the ivy has grown up their fence and down mine and has started to root in the soil on my side i want to use the bed it has grown onto as a flower bed and plant some daffs for the spring

baggieboy

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 21:50:59 »
If it was your garden at home you'd cut it  , and your paying for your allotment so i think your well within your right

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 21:51:08 »
I don't see an issue with clearing the ivy from your side of the fence, unless it's in danger of dying from being cut at the wrong time of year - but I believe ivy is virtually indestructable.

legendaryone

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 22:20:17 »
I have heard of something similar concening a back garden dispute where some branches were overhanging, you are allowed to cut them off but you must give your neighbour the branches etc as they are legally his :)
All those who believe in Telekinesis, Raise my hand.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal