Author Topic: what is in your shed  (Read 6066 times)

fozzylozzy

• Not So New ...
    • Live journal
Re: what is in your shed
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2006, 15:40:30 »
Erm, the usual tools, canes, netting, several humongous spiders and their homesteads, utility tool, pots, 2 big bags of empty plastic bottles, matches, newspapers, string, plant markers and pen.

We have a couple of chest of drawers which contain crayons and colouring books for the girls (in case of boredom.... ;) ), there is also a plastic potty (for the kiddies you understand!!), various kiddie wheelbarrows, gardening tools.

Louisa x

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2006, 15:55:22 »
Spiders - and underneath those spiders ..... more spiders  :(      Live spiders; dead spiders; half-eaten spiders  :P   Spiders up in the ceiling; spiders in the window frames; spiders under the bench.  Big spiders; little spiders; jumping spiders  :o ......  You get the picture.  And very, very occasionally  (when it's tipping it down), me  :( ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2006, 17:46:40 »
Col!...

"Soap, first aid kit, sun block, mirror, radio, tin of chocolate. Gloves, seeds, knives, secateurs, string,"

Where exactly is this shed of yours?

;D ;D ;D

Columbus

• Hectare
    • A Duel of Delight and Desperation Index page
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2006, 17:53:46 »
Hi Alishika, Hi all  :D

I have two theories

1) You can never have too much cake,

and

2) You can never have too much chocolate.

One day I`d like to test these theories. I`ll be looking for sponsorship for a charity fundraiser  ;D

I like to have everything I might need close at hand. More recently everytime my plot neighbour starts to run on a bit I reach for the tin and call it a break.

Col
... I am warmed by winter sun and by the light in your eyes.
I am refreshed by the rain and the dew
And by thoughts of you...

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2006, 19:41:08 »
How many sheds can one person fill!!!? I have 2 outhouses with a covered porch from bungalow to the outhouses. (A lot of people have knocked down dividing wall and made them in to an extra room.) One was the husbands workshop, the other one I use
 for various things to do with gardening, plus cats basket plus shredder plus goodness knows what. Next I have an ex pigeon loft, then I have a summer house., summer house has hundreds of plant pots which I am going to dump when I get round to it, also has a bench saw in there. On top of all that I have a 20ft x 10ft garage which I can just get the car into.
Must admit the pigeon loft is mainly taken up with boxes of tools (hope they don't go rusty) which I am storing for son-in-law. Methinks it is time to have a skip delivered!!
Greenhouse is OK gets used for correct purpose.

jennym

• Hectare
  • Essex/Suffolk border
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 21:30:53 »
"Old bamboo blind that I thought might come in handy for something"
Jenny, use mine thrown over the top of my greenhouse for shade! ;D

What a good idea! all I need now is the greenhouse... ;D

redcow

• Not So New ...
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2006, 10:09:36 »
We were given shed last autumn and so far its still quite bare......

usual tools, chairs, pots, dibber (best xmas prezzy ever!!) canes, netting, spare glass for greenhouse, string and no one has mentioned a diary & pen. I write down everything & plant/sow & the weather & soil conditions.

Note to self - get first aid kit......

Redcow

tilts

• Acre
  • Boom Boom boom Boom Esso blue!
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2006, 21:04:51 »
I've got everything but the kitchen sink, however, most important ~ to keep the grandkids there ~ the loo roll!!!!!
Tread softly or you'll tread on my dreams.....Yeats

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2006, 21:29:09 »
The biggest shed they'd let me have was 6ft x 4ft. But they didn't give a maximum height, so mine's 7ft tall at the front and with a huge (about 8ft square) roof to collect lots of water. Looks faintly ridiculous but hey, lots of storage. Rolls of fleece/ netting/ mesh hoisted to the ceiling. Ditto standsteps and seldom used tools. Wide shelf across one end holds a double gas burner with the gas bottle underneath and pans and stuff above. Shelves all round, about 6ft high, hold various fertilisers, chemicals etc. Another shelf with screws, ties, plastic sundries like ground anchors and greenhouse spares. Long tools along the back wall, hand tools near the door, general purpose 'mechanics' toolbox ideally next to the gas bottle but seldom so. Also somewhere in there is a new flatpack cold frame and some cloches, a first aid kit, hand wipes (thin baby wipes, even though I don't have a thin baby), toilet roll and a radio. I put huge heavy hinges on the door so I could hang loads of things on there too - sunbathing chair, backpack sprayer, spare clothes, ropes, folding picnic table and some other stuff which I can't remember. And the crowning glory - a 2ft square east wing built on at the back which has a bucket in it for me to 'go'.

I'm not troubled by vandals or similar, so barrows, canes, buckets, hose, gloves, more tools, and whatever I've forgotten to put away.
Viewing by appointment. ;D

Geoff.
You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can't upset them all at once either.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2006, 23:12:46 »
You've heard of a Stately Home - well Geoff's got a Stately Shed...with an East Wing, no less. :D Now that's style 8)

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2006, 08:21:31 »
All of the above + fairy lights  ;D
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

MollyBloom

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2006, 00:49:48 »
Does anyone really read through all these lists? If so.... all gardeing tools, fleece, netting, stakes ... too boring! More interesting: a box of assorted condiment sets (they make good cane toppers), a cast iron cat-shaped doorstop (to hold the shed door open), a lace curtain bought in Llangollen with a cottage scene woven into it, a bag of chicken manure... oh no, I'm back to the boring stuff. Better go to bed and try to forget.  ;D

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2006, 02:36:51 »
Nah Molly, it's just a diversion. Something to do with camaraderie maybe. But you replied, same as I did. Congrats on the welsh lace curtain btw. ;D

Geoff.
You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can't upset them all at once either.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2006, 06:49:32 »
I do, call me sad if you like.  It reminds me of things I've still to get, like a cast iron door stop to replace my rather ugly brick to hold the  shed door open/shut  ;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2006, 15:04:32 »
We've just inherited a kitchen sink -it's in the back garde-n maybe I could move it into the shed for the set.

I'll have that skip after you.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2006, 16:35:14 »
We've just inherited a kitchen sink -it's in the back garde-n maybe I could move it into the shed for the set.

I'll have that skip after you.

I have one too, soon to be redesigned into the birthbath alongside the carrot bath.  maybe i should get an extension like euronerds too ;D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 20:27:33 by MrsKP »
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2006, 19:51:33 »
R A T S !!!!   anyone want 'em ?? 

lots of other stuff but too scared to inspect closely ... intend to burn shed and contents as soon as I've thought of a good way to bribe OH and his mate to do it.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal