Author Topic: Bargains at Lidl?  (Read 4690 times)

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
Bargains at Lidl?
« on: February 26, 2006, 02:35:24 »
There might be something here for somebody
http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060302.index
or not.

Geoff.
You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can't upset them all at once either.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Re: Bargains at Lidl?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 09:07:27 »
 ;D I rather fancy myself in one of those hats ;D I thought I heard on here that someone bought cold frames for as little as £11 each or was that Aldi ??? ;D

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 10:26:08 »
Thanks for spotting that Geoff.
I got some of the Large tree pruners last year, and they were very poor cutters, which you should expect for the price, but Lidl have had some great stuff in the past. I now use them as a way of cutting my slug population by half, well actually, "In half", no need to bend either, and nice poison free snacks left around the garden for wildlife to devour, never see what eats them, but they go! I got the cheap pruning saw too last year, and I would recommend that. I have used one of those Japanese saws, and they are great, and cheap at that price if it's the same tool, they were over £25.00. I think I will get one of those. Thanks again.

Brian

giantseye

• Half Acre
  • I love my lottie
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 12:15:08 »
There might be something here for somebody
http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060302.index
or not.

Geoff.

Thanks for that Geoff.  I'll go down on Thursday o see what there like.

Cheers

Ruth

willybell

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 19:53:30 »
Eyup, just been down to Lidl, bought one of the little frames and made it up. It's very flimsy, but should last the spring out as long as the wind doesn't blow and a cat doesn't sit on it! Cheap at £19.99 though.

Bryan

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 20:39:52 »
I went to Lidl's today to see what the polytunnels were like, and came away with 5. For only £3.49 they really are great value, and would recommend them to anyone. The only problem is the fact that they are 5m long, and not everyone needs them this length. I am lucky, as i do!.
Other bargains bought today were, secateurs for 99p, rake for £2.49, kneeling pad for the wife for £1.49, in all a good spend on bargain priced, fairly good quality tools. :)
Don't worry about tomorrow, or yesterday, just think about today.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 07:42:54 »
Eyup, just been down to Lidl, bought one of the little frames and made it up. It's very flimsy, but should last the spring out as long as the wind doesn't blow and a cat doesn't sit on it! Cheap at £19.99 though.

the one they call a mini greenhouse but looks more like a cold frame ?  aluminium ?

I'm having a bit of a mare putting mine together.  the corner brackets just wouldn't slide on the front without a bit of filing and then one of the frame braces pulled off and was a buggar to get back on.  but like you said.  cheap.  got to try and find some weatherproof tape though to add a bit of strength.
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Bodolph

• Not So New ...
  • "Another day - another plant"
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 12:30:25 »
I was gutted! I start work early so couldn't get to the local Lidls until about 5pm. All the cloches were gone. Looks like I'll have to construct mine from scratch.  >:(
"...Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so..."

scumpy

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 14:31:43 »
Thanks for the tip off.

Just found this thread and dashed off to my local, closhes still available.

Scumpy

Zippy Seale

• Half Acre
  • Laughing all the way to the plot
    • The Cherry Tree Plot
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 18:45:55 »
just returned from my local store 5 in hand. and there is another 30 in store.  will get another 5 in morning. 
worth having a few spare and the hoops wil last forever.
they say it wouldn't grow.....ha

The Cherry Tree Plot

Art of Sowing

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 18:58:10 »
Evening Everyone

Not Lidl's but wanted to let you know that Focus DIY are having a sale in their garden department.  I got a 4 tier mini greenhouse for £13.49, down from £19.99 - feeling very pleased with myself as the old one is 3 years old and has just about had it!! 

BTW - they have also marked down sheds - 6x4 now £83 something

Sharon

amphibian

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2006, 11:25:25 »
I went to Lidl's today to see what the polytunnels were like, and came away with 5. For only £3.49 they really are great value, and would recommend them to anyone. The only problem is the fact that they are 5m long, and not everyone needs them this length. I am lucky, as i do!.
Other bargains bought today were, secateurs for 99p, rake for £2.49, kneeling pad for the wife for £1.49, in all a good spend on bargain priced, fairly good quality tools. :)

My beds are exactly 5 meters in length, but alas they only had two left, which I bought.

Alimo

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2006, 12:45:12 »
My Darling Husband went for me yesterday and came back with two cloches and a new stainless steel fork (which was £7).  Brills value methinks.

Alison

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2006, 13:40:35 »
just been to pick up a load of top soil in the north of glasgow and dropped by the lidl's over that side.

still had plenty of poly tunnels (got another one, you can never have too many) and plenty of compost and bark and the mini greenhouses.

so if one of your stores has run out of stock, it pays pop into another one.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

scotch-mist

• Acre
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 00:26:59 »
Going to lidl's tomorrow, to see what I can get ,

Fancied the mini greenhouse but might get cloches after what Mrs KP said,

OR if any left might get both ;D

OR might take what's left :)

Shoot, I might end up with nothing ???

Good grief , I need to get a life and stop worring about what I can worry about next ???.... ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the tip ;)
UNDER PRESSURE (constantly)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal