Author Topic: Plan of Allotment. What do you think?  (Read 5304 times)

marjrie

• Quarter Acre
Re: Plan of Allotment. What do you think?
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2006, 08:59:41 »
It looks very impressive to me, I think this has already been asked, but can't see an answer, can you tell us what programme you used to draw up the plan please?

Not that mine would be anywhere near as good as yours, but would like to try. :)

chriszog

• Half Acre
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2006, 10:46:39 »
Great Plan. What about an asparagus bed. If you like it as its very expensive to buy and is superb picked straighy from the allotment.
Good luck
Chris

MutantHobbit

• Half Acre
  • There's a bl**dy great big plane near my allotment
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2006, 13:56:09 »
I used MS Paint to do the plan, which is in the accessories folder of the Start Menu, in case anyone hasn't used it before. :)
Sheldon, Birmingham.  I've put the pin on Google Earth where my shed is, in the allotments.  It's in an area with a satellite photo which is cool!  You can't miss it, there's a bl**dy great big Airport next door!

Scufftastic

• Not So New ...
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2006, 14:11:05 »
Love the plan.  You can also use the drawing package in OpenOffice to do a similar thing.

(see here: http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/yabbse/index.php/topic,15598.0.html)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2006, 15:43:36 »
The drawing package that comes with microsoft word is also pretty good for this sort  of thing ...

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2006, 17:24:49 »
Inspired by Mutant Hobbit's plan I have started redoing mine in Microsoft Visio. Present version is Word and not very pretty or accurate. And lacks the glorious technicolor  :P

2Daves Growing

• Not So New ...
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2006, 18:02:01 »
There is a  garden planner available as a free online download (expires after 15 days). You can find it at www.smallblueprinter.com.  I think it is more for gardens than allotments, plus you can't save your designs (lots of print outs I think!), but it has lots of designs and actual shapes of garden objects  so you can really go to town on your designs.  It is available to buy from the website if you wanted it, but as the free demo is there it may be some use to someone.

Worth a look anyway.

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2006, 19:18:20 »
ii have done mine in MS excel.
it's not pretty but i can make the cells a certain size to represent an area say 20x20cm in my garden. this helps with working out how many plants of one thing i will be able to grow, or respectively, how much space i have to grow something else.
works very well - i think i got that spreadsheet from moggle last year and amended it to my wishes.
must update it for this coming season, rotation and all

*waves red wand*
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

MutantHobbit

• Half Acre
  • There's a bl**dy great big plane near my allotment
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2006, 20:04:22 »
As long as it works, and makes life easier, anything goes, IMHO! ;D  I'm just glad my posting has inspired people to have a go and perhaps introduce new ideas along the way.  I like this "Fantasy Allotments" lark, far easier and cleaner than the real thing! ;)

Svea, I'm just growing for two as well, though I'm planning to give away any surplus to my friends, neighbours and Rellies.  If I happen to get stuff in return, thats up to them, though there could be some booze coming my way as a result!;)  I've got a  tall freezer and 2 fridge freezer to fall back on, if necessary, so if all goes well may not need to buy any more veg.  Just have to wait and see.  ;D
Sheldon, Birmingham.  I've put the pin on Google Earth where my shed is, in the allotments.  It's in an area with a satellite photo which is cool!  You can't miss it, there's a bl**dy great big Airport next door!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal