Author Topic: Mindless *****  (Read 5029 times)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
Mindless *****
« on: November 26, 2005, 13:01:57 »
Sorry about the barely disguised obsenity at the top but when you hgave read this I am sure you will agree with me.  Vandals have slaughtered scores of chickens, geese and racing pidgeons at a local allotment site.  I would really like to find out who they are and do something terribly cruel to them.  Other than that, at the moment, words totally fail me.  Here is the link:

Lincolnshire Echo
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 19:10:08 by redclanger »
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
Re: Mindless tw*ts
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 13:18:46 »
Yes actions like this do make one's blood boil ... and I have little faith in the ability of society to control these activities ...

You have my sympathies.

Derekthefox

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 13:20:20 »
absolutely shocking rc
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 13:40:12 »
I wont even look at the site as I know I'll be upset.  They ae obviously so stupid that they think bird flu is an imminant risk for them. We can only hope they ccontact something far more painful and deadly.
Get with the beat Baggy

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 14:19:39 »
The Canwick Hill site is in a rural location.  The nearest village is the other side of a busy road.  I am still unable to put my thoughts into words on this one.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 14:25:34 »
Sorry to hear the news about the vandals but until we rise up and rebel nothing will get any better,  something as got to be done sooner rather than later or this society is going to get much worse
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 15:00:09 »
Way back about 1980 we had chickens disappearing from ouR garden in cornwall. Eventually I discovered it was a notoriously sick local lad who was taking them and killing them. This sounds like the same thing on a larger scale.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 19:35:38 by Robert_Brenchley »

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 16:05:11 »
If they find who did it RC they will only get a finger waved at them, this sick uncontrolled society we live in now desperately needs sorting out.  I am so sorry for everyone concerned.   I could not look at the link you gave its so upsetting to see animals treated this way.  All the best  Rosebud.

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 16:14:07 »
Just heard about this on Lincs fm Clanger - makes my blood boil >:(
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 17:17:16 »
 :o :o :o :( :( >:( >:( >:(

paranoid mandroid

• Quarter Acre
  • It's me!
    • 21st Century Good Life?
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2005, 17:28:29 »
it's true that police never seem to do anything about these sort of things.
one time about 10 guys coming back from the pub beside us pulled a decorative fence out of my dads garden at about 2 in the morning. luckily i was awake and me and my dad went after them and when they realised we were after them they went running. brave?? i think not - we were 2 and they had 10 (all in their 20s). the people who do these things are usually 'big and brave' when around their mates but as soon as somebody stands up to them they sh*t themselves.
its sad that living creatures were the targets in this case. they are cowards.
Check out my blog. updated on wednesday 30th November 2005 you can say hello to my chickens ;D
http://21stcenturygoodlife.blogspot.com/

the_snail

• Hectare
  • Be Kind to Slugs and Snails! :)
Re: Mindless *****
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 05:53:13 »
I am so sorry to hear about your problem clanger.

We need to make a stand against this. I would be pleased if Dan would make a Vandalism report thread to highlight the amount of cr@p that is going on in this a most engoyable and healthy hobby.

The boys in blue need to get there finger out. If they do not then plot holders will and it will not be nice!

The_Snail
Be kind to slugs and snails!

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 18:49:48 »
I understand that the police have so much to deal with and are stretched so thin, but the problem is that if this sort of criminal activity isn't dealt with it's just read as license to do it again - and to escalate the behaviour.  'Best' case scenario then is that decent people are left to 'cope', whilst feeling generally unsafe, besieged etc. - worst case scenario is that the police finally have to do something anyway as someone (as opposed to the animals - and I don't mean to play down how wrong that is) ends up getting hurt.  So isn't it more efficient (not to mention neighbourly) to deal with it now?!

Sorry for rant - can't understand people like that  so get a bit aeriated  :(

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2005, 20:52:21 »
I popped in my allotments one afternoon after work, to discover an intruder in my neighbours plot. This person had already caused some damage to my plot - broken hasp and stables on gate and shed. Being the sort of person I am, I was straight in there and challenged them, only to find a rather large, young and fit bloke, who, after a tussle, was able to rough me up a bit and fled. The following day, our chairman reported this to the police, but all they were interested in was logging the actual cost of any damage, even although this intruder had claimed to have a knife ... Hence my original reluctance to even report the incident. I doubt I will be as tolerant if this incident occurs again.

Derekthefox :D

grassroots

• Half Acre
  • If at first you dont succeed GIVE UP.
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2005, 22:38:12 »
sicking and nasty business Clanger makes you feel like giving up. but then the nutters win. SORRY.  DEREK ,it was a good thing in away their was only one.   

spacehopper

• Hectare
  • Its a jungle out there...
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2005, 10:20:36 »
That is beyond belief.  :'(
Make the most of today, because you'll never have it back again.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2005, 15:58:59 »
RC I did click on your link but had to cancel, I really felt sick. As we have said so many times on here these morons never seem to get caught.

daveandtara

• Acre
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2005, 17:20:15 »
blimey redclanger,
how awful!
check out the internet for some heartwarming story of courage, kindness or triumph before you go to bed.
humanity isn't getting worse, there has always been cruelty and bloodsports.
restore your faith in human nature because the only way to stand firm against these scum is to remain steadfastly untainted by their sick behaviour.
easier said than done i know (i get mighty angry myself)
try googling 'pride of britain' for inspiration.
may at least help you sleep mate.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2005, 19:19:44 »
I've been hovering over this thread, trying to steel myself to look. I'm at a complete loss for words and so disgusted that there are such sickos out there.
Lottie

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2005, 21:35:10 »
Thanks Grassroots, if there had been more then things might have been different, but we react on the spur of the moment sometimes ...

Derekthefox :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal