Author Topic: Frost  (Read 11326 times)

fbgrifter

• Acre
  • All change
Re: Frost
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2005, 23:11:50 »
went to the lotment this morning, courgette, pumpkins, toms various squashes and french beans all gone   :'( 
however, peppers and aubs doing fine under a cloche, and borlottis look like they will recover (now also under a cloche)!
*sigh*
It'll be better next year

campanula

• Hectare
  • double digging dudette
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2005, 23:42:56 »
i kind of look forward to a good ol' frost as by this time of year, i am getting growing fatigue - honestly, after going into overdrive as soon as Xmas is over, peaking around June, by now I am truly looking forward to chopping back my rampageous garden and plot and restoring some sort of order. I also look forward to not having to water the gazillion pots in my garden which can take care of an hour and half every day. And just when you think you can sit back and take it easy, harvest time is even more frenzied and stressful - jams to make, tomatoes to preserve, beans to freeze, sauces, pickles, brines....and digging, digging digging for the huge crops of spuds I blithely sowed back in March when i was keen and enthusiastic. Oh yes, frost....bring it on, i am knackered.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2005, 23:46:02 »
 ;D Campanula!  I know what you mean.

I will be back at the plot for the day tomorrow to see what the score is.  Most of my squashes are home now, but my toms are all still there so fingers crossed.

It is cold again tonight in Essex.  Is it electric blanket time yet?

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2005, 00:15:59 »
Feeling a little underdressed for a party though, perhaps I should have worn a dickie bow?  ;D

Derekthefox :D

Derek, with these nips you are looking a little perky, I think you should consider a sleeveless vest for a while ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal