Author Topic: Sunny Suffolk....?  (Read 10054 times)

undercarriage plan

Sunny Suffolk....?
« on: July 24, 2005, 18:40:37 »
My lottie is in Suffolk, by the banks of the River Deben? Have attempted to resize pics, so not too big.  But be warned........wasn't wearing my helmet at time, so anything could happen!!! Anyone near?  Lottie

Not a very sunny day unfortunatley!!

Piglottie

• Half Acre
Re: Sunny Suffolk....?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 12:05:21 »
Hi Lottie

I'm not near as live up in Yorkshire but my dad's Suffolk born and bred, and lives in Needham Market.  He was born in Brantham and lived a lot of his life around East Bergholt, Stutton, Dedham.  He's travelled loads and lived abroad a lot (South Africa, Australia) but Suffolk always calls him home.  So he's back there now, living in Needham, growing his own veg as always but in the back garden.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 12:41:37 »
Only about 140 miles away lottie!

It looks absolutely fabulous, so peaceful. Everywhere here is roads, traffic, noise. My allotment is in a relatively quiet spot, but no where near as lovely as yours!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 13:38:20 »
Dedham not far at all, Piglottie, lovely there.  And yes, I'm very lucky, rarely see another person, and in small village so very quiet........unless OH is dive bombing with his planes, then ear muffs a good idea,  or crash helmet!!!  Lottie  ;D

Marley Farley

• Acre
  • May all your plants grow well!!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 08:34:29 »
 :) Looks great Lottie, you must work really hard to keep that up together.  ;D Do you have 48hr days by any chance  ;D ;D You seem to be such a busy person, now I understand your quotation about not having time to eat ;D ;D
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself".

undercarriage plan

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 09:16:51 »
Not very good at doing nothing Marley!!! Weeded by car lights yesterday!! Bare in mind I had fluffed it up for pic!!!But, yes, quite busy at min.  Love it!! Hanging baskets at Pub being judged tomorrow am, so wish me luck!!! Woodbridge In Bloom comp, didn't even know entered!!! Honestly...! Lottie

jaggythistle

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 09:49:14 »

Only a woman would fluff it up for a pic  :P bet you went the full hog and had
  your lippy and slap on too n you were not in the pics..................lol

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 14:34:37 »
 ;D That must be the best way to enter a hanging basket comp, not knowing. ???   ;D Put ear plugs in going to shout.  ;D "GOOD LUCK"
Let us know the results.  ;D
Got hot water yet???????????????????????????????????

undercarriage plan

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 17:28:11 »
LOL! Lippy at lottie?!?! Mud pack perhaps!! No Marley, no hot water, sorry didn't know what hw was, so thought if I ignored it you wouldn't notice!! How I live life, when you dont know what to do, do nothing!! Or pretend problem never existed in first place!! And Jaggy, how can I take pic of me in pic???? Don't want to scare peeps!!!!  Lottie  ;D

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 19:23:04 »
Very tidy lottie, Lottie.    Can I safely assume that you don't have weeds in Suffolk or was that "a little fluffing up" a full day in the dirt leaving OH to the bathroom lol.

Must admit I took pictures before digging and weeding after the rain and then realised that I should have done it the other way round  ::)  ...doh!
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 20:05:59 »
I have just traipsed back through street clutching soap towel and dignity!! Bathroom still not mended, and left an article of clothing at couples' shower I just used!!!!  As for the lottie, I hoovered, dusted, polished ..........The the kids cam in and left toys everywhere....!!!! ::) ::) ::) Lottie ;)

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 20:15:20 »
You'll find dignity better preserved if also clutching clothes....I hope :o :o

I fully agree with the kids thing though...
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 20:48:16 »
Yes, fully clothed, honestly...... But still can't spell!!! Lottie  ;D

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 22:34:39 »
very nice lottie u have been busy what a lovely lottie see u are just not a clown u have 2 talents now weldone

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2005, 08:32:35 »
 ;D Oh Lottie, I know exactly where you are coming from, when our bathroom was being done last year had to trail round to neighbours for showers too, & yes red faces several times  :-[ :-[

undercarriage plan

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2005, 13:20:54 »
Thank you , Dibber.  2 talents being being able to sing "Puff the Maigc Dragon" backwards ( very proud of that!!), and doing a mean cartwheel........!!! Marley, as to bathroom  :'( :'( :'( :'( going to pack me little hankerchief and leave soon!!! Had enough!!!!  Take care, nice chatting...... Lottie  ;D ;)

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2005, 13:54:06 »
Dont leave lottie what would we do with out you  :'( :'(, sure the boiler man has not got far he will be back he is proberly hiding behind the JCB go check

undercarriage plan

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2005, 14:11:54 »
Bless him!! Let him off with thorough finger waggling! And it's all fixed!!!! I will smell nolonger!! When I can ascertain you not axe murderer, Dibber, you more than welcome to come to Sunny suffolk and help me polish the brussells...and then sort alphabetically by name, then ...... Lottie  ;D

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2005, 15:36:56 »
no axe murderer just mad old dibberxxx i would love to sort the Brussels and polish them , but would rather go meet some of your clients on JCB especially the old lady with ribbons on her shoes and the old man cause i love yew lottie :-* :-* :-*

PS when i can be sure you are not the mad axe women that kills boiler man you also can have an invite to rainy grey Bristol to help me count all the grains of earth in my garden and line them up in  symmetrical lines
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 15:41:46 by dibberxxx »

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2005, 15:42:40 »
oh and also Derek you are welcome too

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal